Owen and I put posts together tonight, 5 things about each of us. You can view Owen’s list here.
1. I love Froot Loops. In fact, I had them for dinner tonight.
As a kid, we had a family friend who worked at the Kellogg’s factory. She often brought us cases of the damaged unsaleable cereal. I loved it when the cases of Froot Loops came.
2. I have started watching the TV show Gossip Girl. It is juvenile, and utterly ridiculous. But, I love it. So does Connor. The two of us have had Gossip Girl marathon afternoons full of rich kid drama.
3. I HATE, and I mean HATE doing laundry. It is the WORST CHORE EVER!
It reminds me of being a kid, and doing the laundry for 2 adults and 5 kids. It was the chore that never ended.
Now, I wish they would invent disposable clothing, so I never had to do laundry again!
4. I have never been on an airplane. Yes, that is right… I am 36 years old, and have NEVER been on a plane.
I actually think I have a healthy fear of it now too. The older you get, the more you hear about the tragedies, and the more you overthink the dangers of flying. I know it is irrational, and I am sure when the time comes, I will fly somewhere. Until then, I will happily stay grounded.
5. Completing the Guelph Lake II Duathlon last August, was my proudest accomplishment.
I trained hard all summer to be able to race. I ran 2-3 times a week and biked almost that often as well. In July alone, I logged 400kms between the two.
It was a gruelling 39km race, but getting to finish line and meeting up with Erin, and realizing we had both finished the race was the best moment. I don’t think I had ever been more proud of myself. So much so, that I am going to race again this summer.