2017 was a BIG year for me. I turned 40 on September 15th.
In the 40 days leading up to my birthday, I wrote a series of essays to cover the important lessons I have learned about life so far. My goal was to write forty short essays, but I fell short and finished with just twenty-two of them.
While life experiences change who we are as time goes on, what I did write is meaningful and represents the person I was in the days leading up to my fortieth birthday.
- I am beautiful.
- The sun rises every day.
- Running is hard but rewarding.
- Love is hard.
- Everyone is smart in their own way.
- Lies hurt everyone.
- Trust your gut.
- The best friends are the one that are there when you need them the most.
- Listen to your body.
- Be you.
- Money does not buy happiness.
- Patience is a virtue.
- Challenge yourself.
- There is nothing more valuable than time.
- Two wheels > four wheels.
- Know when to walk away.
- Don’t quit without pushing for it first.
- There’s no place like home.
- Red wine is best when consumed in moderation.
- There will never be a perfect time.
- Never judge a book by its cover.
- It is important to have a creative outlet.