2017 is a BIG year for me. I will be turning 40.
For the 40 days leading up to my birthday, I am writing a series of essays to cover the important lessons I have learned about life so far. Things I hope my boys read, and can use for guidance as they get older.
- Lies hurt everyone.
- Trust your gut.
- The best friends are the one that are there when you need them the most.
- Listen to your body.
- Be you.
- Money does not buy happiness.
- Patience is a virtue.
- Challenge yourself.
- There is nothing more valuable than time.
- Two wheels > four wheels.
- Know when to walk away.
- Don’t quit without pushing for it first.
- There’s no place like home.
- Red wine is best when consumed in moderation.
- There will never be a perfect time.
- Never judge a book by its cover.
- It is important to have a creative outlet.