It was a perfect Spring day here today.
The sun was out and felt so warm on the skin. The birds were singing lovely songs, and the squirrels were playfully racing about. Even the bees made an appearance today.
Owen and I headed to The Arboretum to take in the wonderful signs of Spring.
- The grass is finally growing, and is a rich and fresh green.
- The Daffodils, Tulips, Crocus and Hyacinths are in full bloom.
- The trees are beginning to transition from buds to leaves.
- The Trillium have popped up and are just about the flower.
- One of my favorite early flowers, Bloodroot, is nearly in bloom too.
- Garter snakes are slithering across the forest floor.
- The Magnolia trees are just starting to show off their blossoms.
It was such a great afternoon.
I even took some time out to lay in the green grass and soak up a little bit of the golden sunshine.
Little things are so marvellous.