Happy New Year!
Last year I made a resolution I wasn’t sure I could keep. I resolved to stop using my Mastercard at Tim Hortons. I used it a few times a week, for small amounts. This left me with several small charges every month, and if I wasn’t careful, it could really add up.
Now, this resolution couldn’t be taken lightly. Right beside where I work lies a Tim Hortons, and during the mid morning coffee/snack break it is far too easy to head over. I do not carry cash very often, and up until a month ago Timmies didn’t take debit. The temptation to use the Mastercard was overwhelming at times.
I am proud to say I made it though. One full year. And, from this comes my resolution for this year:
I resolve to not have Timmie’s coffee, soup, tea, hot chocolate, sandwiches or evil donuts for one full year. I will not spend ANY money inside one of their coffee shops.
Once again, this will be far easier said than done, but I am confident I can make it. It is not anything against Timmies, I’m just tired of the CRAZY addiction. I’m also tired of wasting so much money. Wish me luck!
I also have some goals for the year. In addition to loosing weight (isn’t that everyones resolution), these are things I am shooting for:
1) I want to stop biting my nails. This has been a life long habit, and I have had small bouts of success in recent years.
2) I want to double the amount in my savings account. It isn’t much, so it shouldn’t be hard.
4) I want to make it to a handful of Toronto Blue Jay’s games. I haven’t been in two years and miss the atmosphere of the ballpark.
6) I would like to get out to 3 concerts this year. I love music, and it has been a while since I went to one.
7) I want to pack a lunch to take to work every day. No exceptions. (This one is going to hard for me!)
8) As a family, we have decided to only eat out ONE TIME every month for 2011. (This too is going to be really hard!)
9) I will add an about page to my blog.
Before I wrap up, I want to share one of my proud moments of the season with you:
This is the Christmas card we sent out this year. We had them made with my picture, and when I saw it sitting on the mantle at my Dad’s house, I couldn’t help but take a shot. It was a bit of a pride moment for me.